In preparation for her sabbatical, Dee has gathered and is reading several books based on her theme of play. These books will be in the Church Resource Room as Dee finishes them, and she invites you to read and prepare with her for her exciting and reflective sabbatical time.
Dee’s reading list will be available on the blog sidebar and will be updated with new books as she discovers them.
- Play: How It Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul, Stuart Brown (Penguin Group 2009 NY).
- The Gift of Play: Why Adult Women Stop Playing and How to Start Again, Barbara Brannen (Writers Club Press 2002, San Jose).
- Holy Play: The Joyful Adventure of Unleashing Your Divine Purpose, Kirk Byron Jones (Jossey Bass 2007, San Francisco).
- Free Play: Improvisation in Life and Art, Stephen Nachmanovitch (Penguin Putnam 1990, NY).
- Horse Sense and the Human Heart, McCormick (Health Communications, Inc. 1997, FL).
- Animals Make Us Human, Temple Grandin (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing 2009, FL).